Sunday 24th September 2017
Rubber and Rust
For the third year Induction Project, I created a six page Artist book using The Rubber and Rust Prints bringing them together using collage. My book is bound using cable ties.
Saturday 23rd September 2017
Today I decided to focus on creating rust prints from the pizza tray in my garden. I created a mixture of vinegar and water, sprayed the paper and the rust and then applied pressure and left for a few hours. I created a lot of rust prints to use for my Induction piece. the images from some are below.
Thursday 21st September 2017
Whilst considering the question Where am I at now I knew that I wanted to include some experimental printing in my piece for this project. I have spent a long time looking st surfaces in the world around me that have the potential for print and have photographed many grids around my workplace with this intention in mind.
However for this project I focused on things around my home. I’ve had an old pizza tin rusting in my garden for just this purpose and also an old car tyre. Today I focused on the Car Tyre and the rubber matting outside my back door, creating some prints using a water based printing ink.