Continuing on from Wildling Video Experimentation 1, Wildling Video Experimentation 2 and Wildling Video Experimentation 3 this post has some further experiments using the drone and the preliminary Wildling costume (in glove form). See The Wildling – Part 4.Read more "Wildling Video Experimentation 4"
Further to the experimental videos produced in Wildling Video Experimentation 1 and Wildling Video Experimentation 2 the videos contained in this blog post are derived from a single piece of source video produced using the drone and the preliminary Wilding costume, at the stage where this was gloves instead of a whole costume.Read more "Wildling Video Experimentation 3"
Here are the second batch of preliminary experimental videos using the Wildling costume. See Wildling Video Experimentation 1. Focus for theses videos has been experimenting with video effects and the potential for future videos dealing more specifically with the narrative I have in mind. No Sound. Videos below:Read more "Wildling Video Experimentation 2"
Having completed constructing the Wildling, I persuaded my daughter to wear the costume for me to take some preliminary photos and videos ready for me to begin editing. Below are some of the experimental video’s that I have produced so far. See Wildling Video Experimentation 2. Focus for theses videos has been experimenting with video […]Read more "Wildling Video Experimentation 1"
Thinking further about ways to preserve all the rusty objects and the idea that these had been encased in the mud at the base of the reservoirs for decades I began thinking about ways that we preserve sentimental items. Resin was an obvious choice to me for experimentation. I began by making two moulds one […]Read more "Latex and Resin"
Fascinated with my Poloroid camera I find the images an interesting way to present something historical that has a relationship with memory. Particularly when thinking about the fading of memories over time and how the Poloroid photographs easily become faded or overexposed depending on the environmental factors when they were taken. This is a method […]Read more "Experimenting with Poloroids"
Purely experimentation and play. While I was in London I found some Sun Photography paper at the Hayward. Anyway considering my experimentations to date and my considerations on distorting archive footage I decided to see how this might work as part of my project. Today I experimented with objects and I also intend to experiment […]Read more "Sun Photography"
Taking the gloves made in The Wildling – Part 3 out for some experimentation with video and photography and I wanted to see how they hold up in practicality. I also took the drone out for a spin with my lovely daughter who very kindly offered to be model the gloves for me.Read more "The Wildling – Part 4"
And so the making begins – armed with gaffa tape, Kitchen roll and cotton wool I begin by focussing on the gloves planned in The Wildling – Part 1 Wrapping the cotton wool in Kitchen roll and gaffa tape was a surprisingly quick and relaxing process. ReflectionRead more "The Wildling – Part 3"
Thinking about this idea of the Wildling and with time to kill on the train I spent my time using digital imagery to process my thoughts a bit and try and visualise more my intentions for the costume I’m about to make. Much excitement as that’s my next step forward. ReflectionRead more "The Wildling – Part 2"