Friday 23rd March 2018
Today I attended the full day workshop “Building an Artist Career” with Susan Mumford of “Be Smart About Art” through Helfa Gelf.
This workshop was particularly informative and based around the steps you need to take to market yourself as a brand. The things we considered during the workshop were:
- Definition and Communication of your Brand: What is meant by your brand and why is it so important?
- Brand Components; identity, values, communication style, presentation, challenges, issues, client experience, target audience, visual identity and trust.
- Collaboration and Developing Professional Relationships.
- Verbal and Written Agreements, Contracts and Financial Aspects
- Income Streams with a Profit Focus and Best Practices
- Pricing and Profitability
- Growing and Engaging your audience
- Confidence Knocks and Confidence Boosts
Overall this was a full-on workshop with lots of useful information, which is going to take a lot of time to digest and put into practice. In the meantime I have also purchased Susans Art is your life, Make it your living book.