Latex Masters – Part 2

After the clay masters produced in Latex Masters – Part 1 had dried they had lifted off the tin foil and left a pattern that reminded me of the dried reservoir beds that I had witnessed on the Site Visits – Haweswater, Thrusscross & Derwent and Site Visits – Tryweryn

I decided to create some plaster masters using the left over tin foil.

I folded up the sides of the tin foil to create moulds.

I then made and poured the plaster. My impatience overtook again and I bought builders plaster instead of plaster of Paris so the moulds took much longer to dry.

The end result (though not really the end result) was quite interesting but very crumbly and broke really easily.

Reflection

Although I liked the end result in practicality the pieces all fell apart and crumbled massively. Really disappointed with this so deciding to park this idea for the moment until I can get my head back into plaster work.

3 Comments

  1. […] Not so good example: Latex Masters – Part 2 […]

    Like

  2. […] Masters – Part 1, Latex Masters – Part 2, Sketch Book Pages, Citrasolv, The Wildling – Part 2, The Wildling – Part 3, The Wildling – […]

    Like

  3. […] Masters – Part 1, Latex Masters – Part 2, Sketch Book Pages, Citrasolv, The Wildling – Part 2, The Wildling – Part 3, The Wildling – […]

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s