Saturday 17th March 2018
I have spent some time today reflecting on my tutorial with Emrys and the potential ideas ahead. I decided to do some Photoshop work to try and formulate these ideas further.
Thursday 15th March 2018
I also did a little bit of work incorporating original footage and my photographs. This is an idea I plan to investigate further.
Tuesday 13th March 2018
Today I went to Galeri in Caernarfon and added the work I have done in the past week to the Student Wall. I am very pleased with the outcome so far. Lisa has also very Kindly translated my statement into welsh.
I also had a really good tutorial with Emrys where we discussed the potential opportunities for moving forward towards the exhibition with the work I have so far.
Some ideas were:
- Print the photographs of my collage onto fabric
- Investigate a random approach to using the bottles in an installation. Investigate other ways of using the bottles – conceptual ideas such as confetti in one, barley in another to represent the last wedding and harvest festival in the church.
- Find a symbolic structure or building that can be used as an identifier for the project. My gut instinct is that this would be the church.
- Look at the domestic side of the use of the water. – I mentioned the cup and saucer piece in the library at Aberystwyth and the concept of this having happened so Liverpool can make tea.
- Investigate conceptual ways of portraying the water, such as a hosepipe for example.
- Take more film to be incorporated with original footage as a supporting video or projection.
Saturday 10th March 2018
Today I printed all of the textual work that I had created two days ago.
Thursday 8th March 2018
I began to work on some of the textual elements of this project today. These pieces are not specifically for the labels on the bottles however represent the sentiment of the local people towards the Liverpool Corporation.
Tuesday 6th March 2018
Today I added the photographs to my studio wall in preparation for my tutorial with Emrys. This was postponed until the following week.
I also hung the mounted photographs at Galeri.