Friday 18th May 2018

Experimentation in the Exhibition Space. I took in the whirly gig washing line, the twigs, circular table and the crockery to do some experimentation with the layout. Definitely I have decided not to use the whirly gig and seeing the twigs in the space helped me to formulate more of an idea for the floor piece.

I also did some experimentation in the video room with the table. My first idea to project from the rear onto perspex is still an option. However for today I was just looking at how the crockery responded to a direct light source in a dark room.

Thursday 17th May 2018

I began to produce the shore line idea that I have in my head using the twigs and water bottles. Basically I am producing this as all separate pieces so that I can put it together how I want in the studio space.

I also decided to reconsider my layout from yesterday. Basically, this is a huge amount of pipework and I think on reflection that this will overwhelm the space. As my daughter says, only I will ever understand what I need to go and buy – however that’s all I need it to do.

img_7220

Wednesday 16th May 2018

Today I began to think about the plumbing aspects of the piece. I created a mock-up of the anticipated layout of the plumbing. My plan is to assemble most of the plumbing at home to allow for easier assembly when I get it to college.

Exhibition Space Plumbing-001

Tuesday 15th May 2018

Today I continued cleaning my exhibition space. I also re-covered the walls in the video with black out material and cleaned the video rooms in preparation for the exhibition. Very exhausted now. I also collected my previous work on this project from Galeri in Caernarfon.

Whilst I was in the exhibition space, I reflected on the potential for my floor piece. Already Helen has suggested that idea I had for putting a whirly gig washing line into the space may be too much. I have decided that I need to add an artistic process to the twigs and I am going to use plaster to do this. Whilst in the space, I also reflected on my idea for a floor map with the twigs and bottles I have acquired. I now realise this is not really going to be feasible given the space available. So I have come up with the idea to create a “shore line” in the shape of the dam from the twigs and bottles. – Watch this space, I guess.

When I arrived home I began working on my sticks and bottles of water. I plastered the tops of some of the bottles of water to enable them to stand upside down and began to create some shore line experimental pieces to help with my though process. I also anticipate I may need another visit to Llyn Celyn to collect more of the small twigs. I also began to plaster the tea service, so as to create a white(ash) surface that I can project over with the video.

Monday 14th May 2018

I completed my exhibition space model adding images where I anticipate the artwork to go.

Sunday 13th May 2018

Today I produced my exhibition space model – this is work in progress as I am still experimenting with ideas.

Tuesday 8th May 2018 to Friday 11th May 2018

Painting the Studios – a very unhappy place to be this week. Thank God its now over! However I am happy with my own exhibition space, which I think reflects the many hours of hard work that have gone into preparing the walls.

Sunday 6th May 2018

Contining with my video work today. I then hemmed the three banners and with the help of my hubby, Andrew, grommets were added. Reflecting on this, adding the grommets appeared easier than I had first imagined.

Saturday 5th May 2018

Today I began to collate all the source videos in preparation for the video work. I also began preparing some of the videos.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s