Sunday 13th November 2016
I created a concept piece for the Iris I hope to make at room-size using a hula hoop, cellophane and a pizza base.
After photographing the Iris on my kitchen floor I began to experiment with the image on my iPhone.
I then inverted the images and began to re-colour them – resulting in 124 different images of Iris’s.
The result became the impetus for a mock-up of a Retina Scanner, shown below.
I also experimented with close-ups of the cellophane, give the reflective nature of the material.
I applied polyfilla to two canvases and used this to adhere the heads previously created in the Extended Practice module to be used as a background in my projection experiments planned for Monday.
Saturday 12th November 2016
Moving Forward – Maquettes
I am going to experiment with Maquettes to determine materials that I would like to work further with.
- Plaster and Polyfilla, sculpted onto a canvas and using my heads previously created in the Extended Practice module to use as a potential projection background.
- Large Scale Iris, made from hula hoops and cellophane as a potential projection background.
- Paint, Print and Iron Transfer onto Space Blankets for experimentation and as potential projection background.
- Begin to create some photography that looks at migration graffiti and includes the use of my model and space blankets previously created for the Ideas and Concepts module with the intention of progressing this into Urban Guerilla Projections.
- Going to make some extremely large knitting needles and knit a small blanket from strips of space blanket as a maquette.